Advantage Tech is looking for a Developer to assist in conversion efforts from Lawson to Oracle Cloud. This position is a 6 month contract based in Overland Park but can be worked remotely.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Lawson Consultant leverages a strong technical aptitude in HR/Payroll/GL/FA to aid in conversion efforts to Oracle Cloud. This position contributes to organizational success by providing system expertise, analytical and influencing skills to support the transportation team in systematic conversion efforts. The Lawson Consultant participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations. The Lawson Consultant fosters continuous improvement by contributing to coding, testing and implementation best practices.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist team in conversion efforts from Lawson to Oracle Cloud.
2. Facilitate gathering and interpretation of business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
3. Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements.
4. Act as expert in Lawson-based solutions to support business conversion efforts.
5. Analyze, manipulate and present data to support decision-making.
6. Resolve and prevent reoccurrence of issues impacting system operation, import/export of data and connectivity to supporting systems.
7. Work with development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
8. Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, upgrades, patching and enhancements.
9. Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
10. Contribute, support and enhance Agile Scrum software development practices.
11. Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
1. Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
IV. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Requires a bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
2. Strong financial industry knowledge.
3. 5+ years of experience configuring Lawson HR/Payroll/GL/FA.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
6. Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
7. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
8. Great team player with positive attitude.
9. Strong consideration to candidates with Java experience