Advantage Tech is searching for a talented Development Manager to work with their client based out of Overland Park, KS.
The Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing a software development team. This position will drive agile development processes to ensure deadlines and product requirements are met.
- Provides leadership and vision to a software development team.
- Manages and directs a software development team, including front and back end developers, quality assurance, and other development team positions. This involves hiring and on-boarding, setting expectations and goals for the department and individual employees, and evaluating employee performance and providing feedback.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines, product quality, and ensuring that the end product meets the initial requirements.
- Define and drive buy-in for the team’s technical direction, agile development processes, and culture.
- In partnership with the Chief Technology Officer, determine product direction to drive innovation through identifying new opportunities and actionable development opportunities.
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Minimum three (3) years related work experience as a software engineer required, experience in .Net C# preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years work experience in a leadership role overseeing a software development team required.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment required (Scrum, Kanban, Lean).
- Demonstrated ability in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methodologies.
- General knowledge of Retail Success technology stack: .Net, C#, API, SQL Server.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment, with a diverse group and across functional areas.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively, with tact and diplomacy, verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization; including communicating technical information to non-technical individuals. Demonstrates active listening skills.
- Able to connect business strategy to team execution; and simplify complex or ambiguous ideas into digestible and concrete concepts and requirements.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, with sound judgement, objective decision-making ability, and critical and creative thinking in an environment of competing priorities.
- Ability to present options to stakeholders and facilitate effective decision making in a group setting.
- Approaches work proactively; empowers a team to anticipate upcoming efforts and challenges.
- Approaches processes and tools with an eye for adding value and eliminating waste.