Are you looking for a meaningful project and awesome benefits?
The company is seeking a Device Software Engineer I/Software Engineer II to support the design, development, and engineering of large, highly complex payment card device applications. This role will utilize a variety of technologies and techniques including, enterprise software patterns, client-server, and advanced security principles. Qualified candidates will excel in a dynamic and collaborative environment with geographically distributed teammates working in an agile development environment.
- Proficient contributor in enterprise technology solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise. Active participant through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Proficient at implementing complex systems and software components from technical designs and specifications, in compliance with Industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule, and cost.
- Novice to Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for independent implementation or for less experienced team members.
- Novice to Proficient at creating estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks. Collaboratively works with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Novice to Proficient at consulting with customers and business partners on defined assignments.
- Novice to Proficient at communicating status and progress on assignments. Recognizes issues and risks and begins to raise them to senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Typically requires four to six to years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise class.
- For lead roles, at least 4 years of Enterprise Architecture experience preferred. At least 4 years within a leadership role preferred.
- Foundational knowledge Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Payment Card device technology (e.g. POS, Hypercom/Equinox, Ingenico, Verifone, screen layout, receipt layout, EFT message queue, etc…).- Demonstrated proficiency with Web Application Frameworks (e.g. JSF, Spring MVC, Grails, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, etc…).- Demonstrated proficiency with modern DBMS technology (e.g. Oracle, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. JEE, Spring, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern DevOps tooling (e.g. Subversi, Git, Maven, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, MVC patterns.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Agile software development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies (e.g. Web Services, MQ Series, Groovy/Grails, etc…)
- Experience with WebLogic and SpringBoot frameworks.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++, C#, shell scripting, and low level C development experience in a virtual environment (VirtualBox, VMWare).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), directory services, and Hardware Security Modules (HSM).
- Strong knowledge with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and nontechnical contacts including executive audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative and team environment, and influence others.
- Military experience a plus
United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Advantage Tech is proud to recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm and proud to have recently opened another branch in Omaha, , Nebraska. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.