Advantage Tech is looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Lenexa Client.
Looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for process automation. In this role, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development and operations by assisting in the installation and configuration of software in a test lab as well as the automation and management of this lab environment. You will also assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Installation and configuration of software in simulated production environment in a test lab.
- Automate provisioning of infrastructure, including installation and configuration of third-party components, to ensure efficient delivery of stable dev, test, and staging environments.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain CI/CD pipelines to deploy solutions into dev, test, and staging environments
- DevOps practices and tools, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle utilizing Agile Scrum methodology in the creation of new software products.
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, and other development engineers in the design and evolution of software solutions that support financial transactions in higher education.
- Adhere to the highest standards to ensure the security and reliability of our applications
- PCI DSS-compliant development and code review
- Ability to interact with key customers during development, provide Tier III level support in problem resolution, and receive product feedback from customers at our bi-annual user conference
- Strong experience with installation and configuration of software
- Familiarity with Java application servers like Tomcat or Wildfly
- 1 year of experience with devops / automation experience
- Conceptual understanding of devops topics like CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Experience with SVN or Git, build tools like Jenkins or TeamCity, collaboration tools like Jira, Rally, Confluence, and Crucible
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet
- A passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms like ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including container orchestration offerings, infrastructure automation tools, and logging/monitoring tools
- Design, implementation, and deployment of cloud-native application on a PaaS
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- Understanding of PCI compliance and security best practices
- Payment industry/financial transaction experience
- Confluence, JIRA, SVN, Git, FishEye, Crucible, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, Balsamiq, and Microsoft Office
- Agile methodology
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.