Advantage Tech is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer for our Kansas City, MO client.
Reporting to our Director of Engineering Operations, you will be a trusted partner, working closely with our application developers and architects to build, automate, and support our application infrastructure and deployment processes.
As a key member of the Engineering team, your main focus will be on increasing the velocity of development and the delivery of applications while minimizing downtime.
If you have a passion for automation, enjoy and thrive in an agile, fast-moving, ever-changing startup environment, welcome and take on technical challenges of all shapes and sizes, have excellent interpersonal skill and sense of humor and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
This role is based in our Kansas City, MO office. Local candidates only please.
- Maintaining and improving existing infrastructure
- Enforcing best practices for security and reliability
- Troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues
- Automating recurring tasks
- Maintaining and improving existing build and deployment processes
- Collaborating with development teams
- Performing IT tasks as needed in our KC office
Desired skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Azure including: SQL Server, AI, Cognitive Services, Migration Services, Load Balancer, Blob Storage, Table Service, Web Apps, Function Apps, Cosmos DB, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks
- Knowledge of AWS and AWSCLI including: Kinesis, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM, EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB/ALB, SNS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, CloudFormation, Container Service, Redshift
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools
- 3-8 years’ non-trivial, production-level experience in a DevOps, software development, or infrastructure engineering role
- Docker and related orchestration technologies
- Deploying .NET and node.js applications and websites
- Bamboo or similar
- Octopus Deploy or similar
- Bitbucket or similar
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk and relevant capacity planning
- Experience with SQL Server, SignalR
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in an ever-changing environment, ability to connect the dots and make decisions on your own feet
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Exercise sound judgment and work successfully with all employee levels, regardless of background and perspectives
- Be comfortable working in a distributed, semi-virtual environment
- Be capable of creating and executing on technical direction and tasks for yourself and others
- Be able to take minimal direction from others and provide maximal output for yourself (and others)
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.