We are seeking a DevOps Engineer for a great client in the Kansas City area.
This position is responsible for managing and maintaining the set of tools utilized to support the DevOps capability to support the software development lifecycle of our development teams. Our Client is evolving its DevOps capability and we’re looking for individuals to be part of this transformation; to champion & implement DevOps practices in our organization. Ideal candidates for this position have experience in DevOps practices, demonstrate a passion for DevOps and have experience in either software development or server/tool administration.
- Provide day to day administration and support of the DevOps toolset, including installation, upgrades and configuration.
- Understand and manage how the DevOps tools interact with the host operating system.
- Understand and manage how the DevOps tools interact with each other, to ensure an efficient and sustainable integration design.
- Collaborate with development teams to research and find applicability of new tools & capabilities.
- Focus on establishing self-service practices for the development teams supported.
- Collaborate with development teams to create and foster standards of the toolset.
- Define and maintain documentation for setup, usage and administration of the toolset.
- Assist in the creation of roadmaps to sunset, replace and decommission toolsets when new capabilities and technologies are introduced.
- Monitor performance of the toolset and perform capacity planning to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Define and implement custom extensibility of the tools to provide necessary capabilities.
- Associates' degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 3+ years of software development or software administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple projects and tasks.
- Understanding of and experience with source control tools (TFS, Git, etc.)
- Understanding of and experience with the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Agile development required.
- Experience using and maintaining tools that support software development (Gitlab,JIRA, Fisheye, Bamboo, Jenkins, Nexus,NuGet, Fortify, Sonar, etc.)
- Experience in integration of tools from different vendors through automation/API a plus.
- Experience performing administrative tasks in different platforms a plus: Windows or Unix/Linux.
- Prior experience with Docker, Ansible, Puppet or Chef preferred.
- Prior experience with build scripting technologies such as Maven preferred.
- Experience using a variety of software development IDEs. Eclipse or IntelliJK IDEA preferred.
- Knowledge of automation/scripting languages a plus
United States citizenship is required for this position.Submit Resume