Advantage Tech is looking for a Digital Web and Mobile Tech Lead for our Kansas City, MO Client.
Technical Lead – Digital Solution Development
The Technical Team Lead is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex software solutions development within a full stack web and mobile application development environment. They will serve as a mentor to the technical staff, provide the voice of Engineering and Design to other business functions, and provide recommendations to the manager concerning critical technical decisions that can make or break a project. The lead creates a technical vision and keeps every part of the system running smoothly.
· Aid in planning and timelines for web and mobile application solution development.
· Provide insights to business teams to ensure technology is aligned to business goals and objectives.
· Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
· Fully understand the application suite supported by the team including underlying technologies.
· Lead the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
· Provide feedback and suggestions for process and application suite improvement and act as a technical mentor and adviser.
· Work closely with other technical leaders and prioritize resource needs while simultaneously directing and motivating staff.
· Ensure that all the developers are adhering to the best practices of software quality standards agreed by the organization so that work is done to the highest possible quality.
· Develop a model of consistent velocity for the team and demonstrate the ability to deliver on estimates.
· Bring business context to the development team to ensure alignment with business goals and outcomes.
· Ability to break a task down to the lowest possible complexity for team members.
· Accountable for the technical delivery of the entire Project.
· Carefully analyzes the project and rectifies errors found in the development and implementation processes.
· Lead the process of analysis to fulfil the requirement of system, end-to-end.
· Develops the detailed design structure after understanding the requirements and the conceptual design and architectural standards.
· Reports progress for all the weekly tasks in the form of accurate and detailed reports.
· Works on identifying project risks and plans mitigation with the Product Owner/Scrum Master at project level.
· Continually work to improve the application development capabilities and development practices.
· Provided feedback to manager on individual skills and performance.
· Inspire team members.
· Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to the changing and varied work settings.
· Works with the Manager and Product Owners to set targets and expectations for the team.
· Takes accountability for solution quality from solution definition through implementation.
· Works to ensure team assignments where people are assigned with tasks aligned to their skills and team need.
· Constantly motivate and encourage team to give their best, especially during the time when they are pressured with aggressive targets.
· Mentor the staff on their team, provide feedback on their work frequently, and encourage and promote best technology practices.
· On call and support responsibilities for web and mobile related products.
· Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues for web related defects.
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Services or a related field.
· Requires 6+ years’ experience in project analysis, application development and application programming.
· Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
· Requires knowledge of Microsoft Software (MS Visual Studio and MS Server Products), MS Office Products, SQL server products, VB Scripting, or related scripting languages.
· Requires effective communication and presentation skills and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams.
· Knowledge of best practices regarding web application security and defensive development.
· Experience working with front-end and back-end technologies in a web development environment:
o Modern client-side frameworks (Angular, React)
o .NET Core
o REST Based Services
o Database Design and Development
· Previous leadership experience
· Knowledge of Sitecore content management Platform
· Understanding of content management integration in a web and mobile environment:
· Knowledge of Identity Server
· Knowledge of Microsoft DevOps CI/CD
· Cloud experience Azure/AWS
· Xamarin and Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
· Knowledge of Stackify for performance monitoring and issue remediation
· Knowledge of Agile Scrum
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.