Director, Enterprise Data Management & Analytics
Job Title: Director, Enterprise Data Management & Analytics
Strategic leader responsible for development, maintenance and execution of the Enterprise Data Management and Analytics Program with teams focused on governance, architecture, integration, data warehousing, and analytics to enable business-led transformation data strategies to improve and develop new insight capability across all facets of the Client. Key aspect of this role is collaborating with cross-functional business partners, to ensure the fostering of an environment of creativity and innovation while delivering best practice solutions through leveraging experience, thought leadership, and technology to empower a culture that drives strategic objectives through data.
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management, including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management
- Develop, lead, and mentor high-quality teams of data architects and data engineers to architect and deliver solutions, supporting business stakeholders in making decisions through ad hoc analyses and regular reporting, and creating simplified tools for self-service to gain insights
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short and long-term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
- Provide vision, guidance, and direction to execute data strategy and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, performance management, and
- Create, prepare, and analyze reports and metrics to identify opportunities where desired processes are not meeting fundamental operational goals or driving action
- Provide insights to support data-driven decisions such as building and sharing dashboards, communicating, and collaborating with internal stakeholders, helping to answer questions and uncover trends and actionable insights across the business
- Ensure quality, creativity and integrity of all services provided, as well as timeliness across all deliveries from team
- Continuously assess department for process improvement opportunities and lead the implementation of solutions and data governance for our data management program
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data ecosystem
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain a team of operational professionals that provides a center of excellence for data and drives insights to maximize the information assets to drive decision making.
- Build, direct, develop and mentor the data analytics team, becoming an advocate for needs and ensuring the right resources are in place for success
- Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement with your team and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business
- Manage reporting structure and oversee recruitment and development of functional data teams and talent to optimize execution towards enterprise goals and objectives.
- Be a champion for enterprise Data Governance and Data Architecture strategy and framework to support enterprise goals and objectives.
- Remain current on industry innovation in technology, solutions, and best practices in data as well as trends in financial industry.
- Establish department goals, objectives and operating procedures consistent with strategic objectives.
- Provide direction for production support and troubleshooting on all systems to ensure each technical solution meets business requirements, architectural objectives and business goals.
- Provide oversight and reports to senior management on department issues related to staffing, projects, operational activities and support, vendor management and technology budget status.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Senior level of competency with at least 10 years of similar or related professional experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum ten years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
- Minimum six years leading a team including architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals
- 7+ years of experience in statistical analysis, research, and problem-solving role
- Ability to work collaboratively with leaders and stakeholders across multiple business functions and influence strategy and direction
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management
- Demonstrated experience with developing data strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet or exceed expectations in a dynamic environment; experience creating tools and capabilities to assist with data discovery & collaboration, ensure data quality, and to load, clean, enrich, manage, and share data and metadata from a variety of sources.
- Deep experience with various business intelligence, data analytics, and data visualization tools and technologies – SQL, Microsoft Power Platform, Python, R, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines.