Advantage Tech is searching for an Electrical Engineer to manage a project over a 6+ month contract, for their client based out of Blue Springs, MO
Provides system and components design, investigation, experimentation, analysis, documentation and reporting. Requires frequent interpretation of requirements and discussion of problems with various individuals or groups. Work could possibly result in new or improved systems, products, devices, components, and processes. Performs all aspects of engineering projects from planning through implementation. Works with some assistance from more experienced co-workers.
- Designs test equipment and writes test procedures to appropriately verify that all production electronic assemblies meet client specifications.
- Develops firmware/software for embedded control systems using C coding, analog and digital circuitry and micro-controller based control systems.
- Develops computer-based models to mathematically simulate conditions with hardware component and statistical situations in the development of new products, design modifications and product components.
- Designs and documents electrical hardware required for product development projects.
- With assistance from other electrical engineers, analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal for manufacturability.
- Manages and creates internal documentation for project implementation and maintenance.
- Analyzes costs and selects components to meet specialized goals that relate to proposed hardware solutions.
- Confers with research engineers, sales, quality and manufacturing to clarify problems, analyze design problems and recommend solutions and procedures.
- Prepares product or system layout including detailed drawings and schematics.
- Maintains and modifies current products to meet customer needs.
- Coordinates activities with appropriate approval agencies to ensure compliance of new products with industry standards.
- Coordinates completion of all documentation required to produce new products including creation of assembly drawings, creation of bills of materials and routing in the client business system and any other documentation required.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Confers with research and other engineering, quality, manufacturing and sales personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering design tasks.
- Visits job sites to inspect installation and to monitor, review, or correct the performance of products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Studies ASME, ANSI, MIL, AISI, IFI, NACE, API, AWS and NFPA standards. Applies these standards as appropriate to new designs.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Two years post-degree experience. Background in electronic assembly manufacturing and the design of printed circuit board layouts.
Preferred: Master’s degree in a related technical field. Knowledge of computer aided electrical design tools.