Advantage Tech is hiring an electronic tech for a client of ours based in Atchison KS!
Position Title: Electronic Technician
Purpose Statement: Constructs, maintains, and tests mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Conducts preventative maintenance and identifies parts for replacement.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, using testing devices
- Such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards.
- Assemble, Install, test and maintain electrical and electronic equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment
- And hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work with DC to 480-volt 3 phase electrical systems and also check for 13000 volts and how to disconnect
- And work on safely.
- Carry out preventive maintenance per the schedule and work instructions provided
- Work from ladders, power platforms, and roof.
- Keep work area clean and clear after maintenance completed.
- Advise supervisors on weather continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Key Selection Criteria
- High School Diploma/GED
- Preferred 2-3 years’ experience in maintenance.
- Preferred vocational or technical college course work.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Read electrical Blueprints
- Building and safety codes
- Experienced with 3 phase motor 220v and 480v plus 13000v.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions and requirements/specifications
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Machinery repairs i.e., Motors, Gear boxes, controls, etc.