Advantage Tech is searching to find an Embedded Hardware Engineer for their client in Lee's Summit, MO
This candidate will be a member of the Research and Development Team. We are looking for a self-directed motivated individual to take on design and development of projects as an individual contributor, and as a member of small to medium size teams. This candidate must be abler to devise new and revolutionary ideas, an outside the box thinker. They will be expected to aid and in some cases lead certification efforts; UL, FCC, CE, etc. The candidate will be asked to participate in many different facets of the product development pipeline, all the way from Ideation to final product and quality control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical circuits and integrated systems, utilizing appropriate technologies.
- Develops design, functional, and test specifications for electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical products to meet market specifications.
- Develops testing criteria and test apparatus.
- Evaluates operational systems and recommends design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Participates in design review to increase design confidence level and reduce cycle time.
- Applies quality techniques to the design/development and manufacturing process.
- Prepare products for 1st production run including BOM, Part/vendor search, trouble shoot.
- Develops low level drivers and firmware on Linux
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Education/Experience:
- Experience doing PCB design and layout
- Experience in Embedded systems and Microcontroller design
- Experience with embedded communications protocols a plus (DMX512. CAN, UART, Ethernet, WI-FI, Bluetooth, BACnet, KNX, DALI)
- Experience with UL, IEC and FCC standards a plus
- Experience designing for PIC and ARM processors, particularly the Cortex-A8 architecture.
- Experience designing & building electronic test fixtures
- Experience with real time operating systems.
Education and Experience
A 4 year degree in engineering or a related field, or commensurate experience in electronic design is required.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities