Advantage Tech is recruiting for a contract for hire EMS Systems Analyst, to work for their client in Kansas City.
Analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, secure, troubleshoot, and enhance all supporting hardware, software, firmware and other systems meet or exceed the needs of users in the Electric Operations Control Centers and others throughout the Utility, adding to the productivity and efficiency of the EMS technical staff.
Construct and maintain firewall rule sets to ensure that the proper security posture is maintained. Develop and maintain backup and restore capabilities for all associated assets. Test and maintain all antivirus and anti-malware tools. Assist in the development and maintenance of NERC CIP documentation, testing, and support.
MINIMAL EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information systems, Engineering, Management Information Systems or other technical field, or equivalent number of years of experience required. MSCE, CCNA, or CISSP preferred, but not required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Windows System Administration.
- NERC CIP experience is a plus.
- The candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of engineering disciplines, computer, and control system operators using verbal and written instructions. .
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of Active Directory technology, firewall’s and network switches.
- The candidate must be able to read technical documents such as network diagrams, blueprints and schematic’s. .
- The candidate must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required, by the Supervisor of EMS Maintenance.
*1. Contribute to an effective EMS system by administering the operating systems and major server components. Administrate and perform an appropriate emergency backup schema.
*2. Develop, maintain and implement procedures and controls for compliance to the NERC CIP standards.
*3. Ensure the completeness of the control system operating systems and software applications by any of the following: coding, testing, installing, patching, upgrading and troubleshooting.
*4. Test and install antivirus and malware prevention tools
*5. Develop and review firewall rules and logs for anomalous behavior.
*6. Contribute to the present and future efficient operation of the Utility by analyzing and recommending present and future computer needs and systems, including operations center support systems.
*7. Work effectively with in-house technicians and outside contractors, engineers, consultants and technicians to install, modify, or make other improvements to remote systems and their interconnected telemetry. Make component level hardware repairs when necessary.
*8. Must be able to make difficult decisions in troubleshooting hardware, firmware, software or other interconnected systems and be able to communicate their conclusions to other technical trades.
*9. Must be willing to participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Supervisor of EMS Maintenance.
* Denotes essential functionSubmit Resume