Advantage Tech is looking for an Enterprise Architect for our Lee's Summit client.
The enterprise architect will work with the leadership in the business and technology areas to lead our technology related business capability strategy and planning. They will develop and ensure the IT roadmap and business architecture aligns to our healthcare system and our corporate strategy. The incumbent will lead the IT investment prioritization aligned to our business priorities and IT roadmap. Responsibilities include ensuring all IT assets deliver value to our patients, customers, physicians, clinicians, business and overall IT users.
Understands the healthcare business model to align our technology investments, assets and architecture to drive our organization to a desired future state IT. Participates in creating strategies and policies to meet overall business goals. Develops and implements enterprise architecture processes and governance for our technical teams to deliver to needed business capabilities.
Deep knowledge of business and technical architecture focused on integrated care delivery business capabilities as well as experience in business relationship management is desired. Responsible to synchronize business capability planning with IT department leadership including leaders of the informatics, data, security, infrastructure and application teams. Must be able to build relationships with peers and senior leaders throughout the organization.
Strategy and Planning
- Solid understanding of the healthcare landscape from a payer’s perspective and be able to dive deeply into technology issues
- Support the Director of EA in defining a strategic vision to enable Enterprise-wide business capability roadmaps to drive technology enabled transformation and leverage information to improve healthcare and business outcomes. Lead efforts to translate the strategic vision into the creation of an aggressive and cost-effective five year IT business capability roadmap.
- Lead the oversight and development of the future state IT architecture, which supports required business capabilities and drives reliability, speed, agility and cost efficiency.
- Drive the effort to establish and utilize total lifecycle cost analysis and establishing IT as a key component for driving value throughout the organization.
- Articulate new technical areas and strategies for IT focus and inform the IT leadership to build the core competencies required to lead in these areas (e.g., integrated data applications and leveraged hardware architecture models).
- Responsible for strategic and operational direction of Company enterprise architecture maturity.
- Leading through influence, create and maintain architectural guiding principles, standards and overall architecture governance to align technology decision making consistent with the principles and standards.
- Working with portfolio leaders, initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations, including but not limited to performing a key role in evaluating Buy vs. Build, Data Center vs. Cloud decisions and other critical choices in our infrastructure, applications, process, and data stacks
- Conduct enterprise architecture discovery sessions, workshops and white boarding sessions with key stakeholders to present architecture deliverables and obtain feedback
- Serve as advisor to senior business management on business and information integration strategies
- Derive, define, and explicitly represent various artifacts within The Enterprise Framework
- In-depth knowledge of the Healthcare proposed rulings and frameworks including 21st century cures act, FHIR and USCDI.
- Lead the collection of IT demand from business users and prioritize IT investments aligned to the business capability roadmaps.
- Lead efforts to drive efficiency, simplification and agility of our IT assets, architecture and operations. Lead the realization of mature asset management, standardization and reuse to facilitate efficiency, simplification and agility.
- Actively participate in discussions with key partners, both internal and external to Company in the creation of value through unique IT partnerships and initiatives. This thought process will be focused around the creation of value through IT’s investments with key strategic business partners.
- Ensure that the quality, security, stability and agility of the EA meet evolving business needs by coordinating with other stakeholders.
- Articulate new technical areas for IT focus and help build the core competencies required to lead the organization into these areas (e.g., integrated data applications, leveraged infrastructure application, etc).
- Align the development of the IT department operating and capital budgets aligned to business capability roadmaps.
- Provide performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for associates. Informal performance feedback should be provided on a frequent basis and should include feedback from fellow associates. Feedback should be focused on recognition for achievement, and opportunities for growth.
- Documents existing systems architecture and tech portfolio to ensure accuracy is maintained
- Defines solutions using SOA, micro services, automating business process models and cloud based services
- Creates prototypes and authors detailed interaction specifications
- Works closely and provides direction to solution architects/Designers/Developers/ to ensure consistency, compliance with IT standards/formulary, policies & architectural plans, quality of solutions, and knowledge sharing
- Participates in highly impactful or complex operational incidents to ensure proper response and permanent resolutions to issues and errors
- Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Services or a related field is preferred.
- Possess 10 years hands-on experience and a comprehensive understanding working within Enterprise Architecture environments, Experience within Solution Design & Architecture, Robust knowledge within Security Architecture, Experience of all aspects of the software development lifecycle, Applications/Digital engagement background working within architecture, Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments, Enterprise Analytics.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.