Are you looking to get into a high visibility project where you have a lot of growth opportunity? This fortune 500 organization is seeking a self starter, who can respond quickly to end user requests and technical issues. This candidate needs to be professional in demeanor and ability to work with a variety of level of users.
The Field Technicians are the escalation point of contact for all technical issues that cannot be resolved remotely. They serve as members of a team by providing on-site technical support for those items escalated by the Service Desk. Field Technicians are under the supervision of a Field Services Lead Associate or similar manager function.
The Field Technicians are also responsible for providing a consolidated point of contact for employees with technical support needs. Field Technicians are responsible for responding to service desk tickets in a timely manner, researching and resolving escalated technical support issues. Technical support issues may include: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, installing software, and executing scripted troubleshooting processes. Field Technicians are to document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner, and prioritize tickets based on their level of urgency.
- Provide a consolidated point of contact for providing escalated technical support to employees
- Respond to all assigned tickets in a timely manner
- Research and resolve escalated trouble tickets
- Immediately notify appropriate individuals of any issues that could potentially impact production activities and follow escalation to keep impact minimal
- Document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures
- On-site and remote client support of various enterprise and desktop applications
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers, team members and department contacts
- Cooperate with team members to provide the best customer experience possible
- Provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations
- Assist Service Desk when needed or when assigned by taking customer calls or chats.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Prior technical support experience
- Able to work an 8 hour day shift
- Able to lift up to 40lbs on a regular basis
- Associates degree in computer science, MIS or a related field preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience installing and troubleshooting computer software and hardware preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot personal computer and peripherals preferred
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems preferred
- Spanish or French speaking is a plus