Advantage Tech is looking for a Financial Analyst to join one of their partner organizations in the Kansas City, MO area.
Provide accurate and data-based information on company’s effectiveness and stability. They will research and analyze financial information to help the company make well-informed decisions, write reports, and monitor financial movements.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement, forecasts etc.) taking into account financial standing.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Support the annual budgeting process in conjunction with the Manager, FP&A.
- Analyze project performance against expense and benefit expectations each month.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future, and comparative performance.
- Partner with management to understand financial reporting needs.
- Identify trends based on sound analysis.
- Develop reports and analyze nonfinancial data.
- Incorporate financial data into this analysis when appropriate.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with budgets and prior periods.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and three years of experience in accounting or finance with a focus on analysis, or, other bachelor’s degree and six years of experience in accounting or finance with a focus on analysis
- Requires knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Requires ability to work with large sets of data and business intelligence reporting tools
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires strong analytical skills and some understanding of accounting principles
- Requires organizational skills and must have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.