Advantage Tech is looking for a Desktop Engineer for our Kansas City, Client
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field. A+, MCP, MCSE or MCTS certification a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of workstation operating system software and configuration with an emphasis on Microsoft software technologies.
- Proven experience in mass workstation deployment using imaging/cloning tools.
- Advanced installation, support and troubleshooting skills for workstation hardware, peripherals, and software applications.
- Scripting skills in VB script, Windows Scripting Host, Powershell.
- Proven experience in definition and design of system architecture for new or existing personal computer systems.
- Experience with VMWare and other virtualization products.
- Knowledge of contingency planning techniques and alternatives to ensure system up-time and disaster recovery options.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting including knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, switching and routing in a multi-site, enterprise environment.
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory and group policy and its effects on workstation configuration and deployment and user environment settings.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with team members who may be from non-technical departments.
- Ability to work independently and on several projects simultaneously with proven project management and implementation experience.
- Willingness to research and test new technologies and advise on their applicability to operating environment.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and possess a positive, upbeat attitude.
- PC Configuration & Support
- Responsible for creating and maintaining master images of workstation operating systems with standard applications for all workstations.
- Responsible for creating documentation of the installation and configuration of workstation applications.
- Coordinate installation and rollout of new workstations, including all asset management tasks.
- Provide help desk support to users on workstation related hardware and software questions.
- Coordinate warranty support issues with workstation manufacturers.
- Plan, document, implement and coordinate backup, update and refresh strategies for remote workers.
- Responsible for virus protection updates, operating system updates and software application updates on all workstations.
- Participate in planning and implementation teams to refresh/rotate workstations at all locations.
- Assist with management and application of workstation operating system patches.
- Software Application Support
- Primary IT Department contact for the installation, configuration and support of department specific applications.
- Responsible for documenting setup of department applications, including workstation and server setup requirements.
- Responsible for software application inventory tracking and license compliance.
- IT Project Leader
- Ability to participate on a team and add value to the team by utilizing IT systems.
- Willingness to research new technologies and advise on their usefulness
- End user support
- Posses a wide-range of experience with desktop, printers and applications support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve help desk related inquires. End user training as required.
- Lean Enterprise
- Establish and utilize frameworks and systems, including tools such as visual management, problem solving, standard work and kaizen.
- Adheres to and promotes the HR Pledge
- Ability to cooperate and commit in a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Resolve difficult or complicated challenges using the problem solving process
- Actively embrace our core principals using courage, humility and kazien
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Creativity—the individual is able to propose creative solutions to IT related tasks in order to add value to IT environment and solve end-user problems.
- Communication—the individual is able to clearly express themselves and is polite and respectful to supervisors, peers and co-workers.
- Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Teamwork—the individual is able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Confidentiality & Security—the individual will be exposed to confidential data and must use good judgment when handling secure data.
- Commitment to continued learning—the individual must be willing to learn and apply new technologies to IT environment.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.