Advantage Tech is looking for a Help Desk Analyst I. This position is with a client of ours that is located in Topeka, KS.
Under general supervision, act as first contact for any computer, application or system-related problems and be able to provide direct, telephone based and remote control/diagnostic support services to include software, hardware, and network connectivity support to internal users on standard PCs, laptops, various mobile devices, Windows desktop applications and technologies including MS Office365, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Edge, Adobe Reader, VPN connectivity, printers, and applications developed and/or hosted in-house. Support is provided in a process-oriented environment with Service Level Objectives and specific focus on exceeding customer’s expectations by delivering quality customer service.
• With minimal supervision, uses technical expertise and established guidelines to complete routine and assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Consistently uses courtesy while providing support to end users. Asks questions to gather information about the problem and listens carefully. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions
• Resolves a variety of Help Desk ticket problems with good judgment, attention to detail, persistence, and in a timely manner. Documents, tracks, and monitors trouble tickets to resolution. Meets SLA requirements.
• Follows policies and procedure to ensure corporate data security.
• Executes and enforces user access guidelines and procedures.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of and troubleshoots configuration and connectivity to client/server and web-based enterprise applications and mobile-workforce applications.
• Responds positively and promptly to coworker requests for assistance.
• Participates in assigned projects, contributing to their accurate and timely completion.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1 year recent experience in help desk operations. Associates Degree in a computer science-related field and 2 years recent experience in help desk operations. High School diploma and two years of demonstrated work experience on a Service Desk. Prefer CompTIA A+ or Net + certifications.
Education or training in ITIL, electronics, organizing, planning, decision making and effective communication skills preferred.
Successful candidate must have more than two years of demonstrated job experience using basic writing, effective communications, training, and technical reading skills as well as skills in interpersonal relations, handling conflict, organizing, analyzing, planning, judgment, listening, decision making, cooperation, sensitivity to others, technical problem solving, and system troubleshooting.
Knowledge of Windows 7 or Windows 8, and Microsoft Office is required.
Candidate must be familiar with Incident Management software and processes, remote management tools, and has higher than average customer service skills.
Experience with ServiceNow, Office 365, Citrix, and Mobile Device Operating Systems is preferred.
In addition to normal office work conditions, candidate must have the ability to perform the physical activities of the job. Valid driver's license required.
This is a Monday through Friday position. Hours vary from 6:30a-5:00p (working eight hour shift to cover core work hours). It is the managers preference to interview the candidates in-person following social distancing protocols. And candidate could be required to report to their assignment for up to a week to receive the necessary equipment and training for this position. Once established this position will be working remote until work from home orders are lifted at the client site. Working location is in Topeka, KS.
Candidate will need to have access to a phone and working internet connection in order to work remote. Candidate will be responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting for internal customers. Majority of the support provided by this candidate will be over the phone remotely. There will be limited hands on support for users and no required travel at this time. This job is performed with little supervision and requires the candidate to work independently and prioritize workload accordingly. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, including technical and non-technical.