Advantage Tech is looking for a Desktop Support Technician.
Job Summary: Will oversee daily computer performance, provide technical support, and install new software for computer users. Daily duties will include fielding inquiries, running diagnostic tests to resolve issues, troubleshooting complex technical issues, and installing updates to existing software. Additionally, technicians are responsible for setting up new equipment, moving users, answering the help desk phone, performing minor repair work and documenting the work the complete via the help desk ticketing system. They will also share responsibility for conference rooms, printers, and inventory.
Scope of the Role:
- Provides support via phone and desk-side to end users on a variety of issues
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Handles Imaging PCs and Laptops
- Performs on-call rotation once every four weeks
- Various other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A+ Certification
- 2-5 Years’ Desktop Support
- Demonstrated Support of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Some call center operations or customer service experience
- Experience in printer/copier support
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Experience in process creation
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Customer service skills
- Technical experience
- HDI or Microsoft certifications a plus