Advantage Tech is looking for a Help Desk Support for our client in the Lenexa, KS area.
Provides proactive, high level of customer service to employees on a variety of technical and support issues including or involving the following but not limited to: personal computer systems, operating systems, LAN/WAN, printers and application software. Responds to employee queries, runs diagnostic programs, installs hardware and software, isolates problems and determines/implements solution.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Respond proactively to telephone calls and emails sent to the Help Desk system as the first level of assistance.
- Open and/or close work orders (via Help Desk software) on each call received.
- Escalate problems and requests as necessary to ensure positive resolution.
- Conduct research on relatively simple issues and escalates issues that cannot be resolved in fifteen minutes to either a more senior Help Desk level or level two support.
- Create, modify and/or delete user accounts per Company policy and update appropriate documentation (e.g. account termination spreadsheet).
- Guide end users through troubleshooting procedures to restore technical service
- Re-image workstations and laptops (using current image software) when required.
- Accurately document user issues and troubleshooting steps, test results and resolution information within incidents and service requests
- Maintain an increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies supported by the IT Dept.
- Participate in company technology projects as needed.
- Maintain an accurate, timely record of hours spent on Work Orders and projects in time and accounting systems.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to one year help desk related experience.
- Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems at the level used in the corporation as well as desktop and laptop hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products at the level used in the corporation.
- Experience with Microsoft Lync phone system
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Client PC connectivity, e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and VPN
- Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory at the level used in the corporation.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile devices, e.g., iOS, Android phones and tablets.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities