Advantage Tech has an awesome client with a contract need for a HR Assistant. This is a 6 month contract with opportunity for conversion or extension.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant provides administrative support to the HR Department by exercising good judgment in handling routine matters and organizing workloads to ensure deadlines are met. This position performs onboarding and offboarding processes, tracking of employee-owner movement internally and processing employee-owner changes. The HR Assistant performs key administrative support to the HR team. This is an onsite opportunity located at our World Headquarters in Kansas City, MO.
- Responsible for the accurate input of data to new employee-owner records in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Responsible for accurate processing employee changes and update employee records in HRIS system.
- Prepare separation paperwork and facilitate internal exit process for employee-owners leaving the company.
- Create, maintain, and audit employee-owner files for quality review.
- Perform employment verifications for various financial institutions, as needed.
- Provide primary receptionist support to the HR department= greeting employee-owners, visitors, and vendors.
- Maintain all general files and inactive files, both hard-copy and electronic.
- Responsible for copying, filing and shredding documents, sort incoming mail and faxes.
- Support human resources team with special projects, as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing administrative support in a corporate environment. Previous experience supporting a human resources department is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), interpersonal skills, and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions of work stream.
- This position requires strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Must be professional, self-starter and willing to be flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.