AdvantageTech is looking for a Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative for our Overland Park client.
Achieves significant sales growth, profitability, and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products and services through solicitation of orders over the phone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing and potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Contacts established and prospective accounts to solicit new business and to ensure the continuance of repeat purchases.
- Co-ordinates sales strategy with other departments including sales management, national accounts, purchasing, accounting, and marketing.
- Analyzes sales potential and identifies and acts on opportunities to increase sales.
- Provides exceptional customer service to existing and prospective customers by answering incoming calls and meeting the customer’s needs.
- Confirm customer’s pricing, delivery, shipping, etc.
- Serves as a consultant to the customer regarding industry issues (trends, government regulations, new products, etc.).
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Co-ordinates calls with outside salesmen to ensure service levels and to increase total company sales.
- Keeps organized and accurate records.
- Attends product meetings as scheduled to improve product knowledge.
- Actively participates in sales spiffs/programs developed by sales management, vendors, and marketing.
- Meets assigned sales quotas on a consistent basis.
- Meets assigned daily, weekly, and monthly sales call quotas on a consistent basis.
Must possess associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must use good judgment in decision making while following all applicable company policies.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present information with appropriate grammar and structure.
Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Strong data entry skills. Ability to learn new programs and applications as necessary.
Regular and timely attendance.
Active participation in team and one on one meetings.
Ability to work towards and achieve quotas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENIRONMENT: Professional business office.Submit Resume