Advantage Tech is looking for an Internal Auditor to join a well established partner in the Topeka, KS area.
This position performs individual internal audit projects and Sarbanes-Oxley testing as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, developing and performing internal audit procedures (including continuous monitoring), and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed includes coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on compliance, financial and operational processes. Audit procedures assigned are of moderate complexity and require the exercise of professional judgment. This position assists with process improvement initiatives, follows up on the status of outstanding issues, assists the external auditors, and works on special projects as assigned by internal audit management. This position works with all areas of the organization and all levels of management.
- Develops internal audit scope for assigned projects, including completing risk assessments to determine the focus of the audit and the testing procedures to be completed.
- Analyzes and documents the audit area by reviewing existing documentation or developing documentation, such as detailed narratives and flowcharts, applicable policies and procedures, business unit risk assessments, etc.
- Tests controls to ensure reliability and transparency of financial reporting, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and compliance with applicable rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Communicates internal audit results to management and the Audit committee of the board of directors through meetings and internal audit reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned audits procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley testing in a timely manner.
- Understand and document key internal controls, including the ability to discern strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop a working knowledge of all areas of the Bank and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the Bank's key functional processes and resources.
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with auditees and others.
- Communicate effectively in writing (emails, memos and audit reports) and in verbal communications (meetings with auditees and others).
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Internal Audit department.
- Demonstrate awareness of the need for constant process improvement and be willing to identify, offer suggestions for improvement, and actively participate in their implementation.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity; and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to problem solve, memory for details, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain concentrated mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) by taking actions that are consistent with Bank’s D&I program. Provides reporting to the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), as needed, as well as partners with OMWI to implement effective policies and procedures that incorporate D&I into business activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Four to six years of similar or related experience.
- Degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent work experience) is required. CPA or CIA professional certification is preferred.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to operate all types of general office equipment.
- Ability to work and travel independently.