Advantage Tech is seeking candidates for one of our amazing clients in the Kansas City area.
Because of an upcoming technology transition to the cloud, this position will play a critical role in converting existing automated scripts. Ideal candidates will have a background with software development and scripting, while also having the desire to support operations functions. Performs moderately complex to complex application support and maintenance tasks; such as supporting implementations, test file generation, deployment support, DRE support and working closely with peer technical resources to perform incident root cause analysis. Participates in design activities and creates procedural documentation for moderately complex to complex business applications.
The position generally requires two to five years or more of professional experience, including specific skills in the areas of production support operations, scripting, job scheduling, file transfer operations, customer support, and project management. A broad knowledge of best practices, procedures, communication, and technology are required.
- Rewrite automated scripts in preparation for transition to the cloud.
- Updates, maintains, and monitors the operation of moderate to complex automated systems and applications including, but not limited to, server back-up support, change/problem management, asset management, database management, application installation, environment build/support responsibilities.
- Provide operational and release support by onboarding new customer files, analyzing input files, coordinating ETL of files, and maintaining master reference tables.
- Create, review and maintain production support processes, procedures, and operations.
- Partner with other IT teams as needed to troubleshoot, resolve, and document incidents.
- Proactively communicate to stakeholders current status and resolution plan of production issues.
- Complete projects related to department operational improvements.
- Develop recommendations and make presentations to management and department staff.
- Train others on new procedures/policies.
- Coordinate the setup, testing, and implementation of new and/or updated customer files.
- Provide service level monitoring and the delivery of metric information for customer files.
- Escalate and route issues associated with customer files for resolution.
- Apply policies, procedures and best practices including time tracking, change management, source code management and project management.
- Participate in the analysis of requirements and resulting design activities for moderately complex business applications in the context of the full software development lifecycle.
- Design management information reports, tools, and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Server Operating System Administration, Engineer certification, or completion of classes toward applicable certifications preferred.
- At least three years of experience with network administration and user support.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in production operations and customer support for large programs with initiative in process improvement.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including formal presentations skills for management and technical audiences.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience with file transfer tools like Connect Direct
- Project management skills to include organization, planning and execution.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols and standards (FTP, SFTP, etc.).
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with database systems and data intensive projects preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while following issues through to completion.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and organization skills.
- Will require routine on-call rotation assignments involving evening and weekend support.
- Unix/Linux experience
- Experience with Informatica or related ETL toolScripting experience (Perl, Python, shell scripting, Java)
- Working experience with BMC Control-M and/or CRON job schedulers a plus
- Troubleshooting skills with file transfer tools (e.g,, Connect Direct)
- Experience with Remedy, JIRA, Confluence, and Subversion preferred.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AppDynamics or similar tools
- Experience with technology in the cloud
- ITIL certification or experience
United States citizenship is required for this position.