Advantage Tech is looking for an IT Auditor for our Kansas City, MO client
As one of our Senior IT Auditors, you will be responsible for testing of internal IT controls (ITGC), performing IT process internal audits, performing IT reviews of our insurance partners, and assisting in our enterprise risk assessment process. In addition, you will also perform introductory supervisor tasks such as review of team control and audit testing, audit planning and design, and control design,. This position will require you to challenge processes, use critical thinking skills to balance regulatory expectations and risk, communicate effectively, and interact with multiple levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Performs Test of Design (TOD) and Test of Operating Effectiveness (TOE) for ITGCs and adequately documents results.
- Performs IT Audit Work Program Test Steps and adequately documents results.
- Performs ITGC reviews of insurance partners and adequately documents results.
- Performs IT Operational Audits/Reviews as determined by the Annual Audit Plan (e.g., Project Management – PMO, Business Continuity, Change Management).
- Ability to lead walkthrough and closing meetings with clients.
- Drafts audit report findings reviews team’s findings.
- Documents and reviews workflow/process diagrams for areas under review.
- Participates in external assessments as directed by the IT Audit & Risk Manager.
- Assists in the enterprise risk management process by reviewing risks, KRIs, and working with management during the review period.
- Performs audit planning and development steps, designing and reviewing audit work programs, scheduling, coordinating management, updating documentation request lists, and assisting in staff assignment.
- Ability to translate work processes into controls (control descriptions, test procedures, and evidence expectations).
- Challenges internal audit processes to continually improve department frameworks, standards, tools, and methodologies.
- Assists the IT Audit & Risk Manager with monthly department progress updates, KPI/KRI measures, and assist in management of the company GRC tool.
- Assist external auditors in the completion of Company’s statutory and regulatory audits.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and or mentoring to the department and the business.
- Participates in other special projects or strategic initiatives at the direction of the IT Audit & Risk Manager.
- Effectively organizes, prioritizes, and plans time. Communicates schedule challenges to the IT Audit & Risk Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of control TOD and TOE testing and can test and review others’ results with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of industry frameworks.
- Ability to translate business processes into testable controls.
- Ability to lead audits and mentor staff auditors.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills that provides clear and effective in reporting and collaborating with all levels of management.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to understand scope work and level of effort, adhere to deadlines, and manage multiple assignments.
- Proven critical thinking skills that allow for the identification of problems, process gaps, and new audit opportunities.
- Ability to partner effectively with multiple business groups, corporate areas, and independent auditors.
- Effectively uses tact and diplomacy to discuss and resolve audit issues with management .
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Ability for occasional travel (5-10%) in a post-COVID environment to visit business partners, third party administrators and/or managing general agents.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in IT Audit, Information Technology, Information Security, or other audit experience.
- Certification or designation, such as CIA, CISA, CRISC, CRMA, etc.
- Experience with risk assessment, control analysis, audit procedures and standards, sampling techniques, risk components, and the internal framework of control within the insurance or financial services industry desired
- Experience in working in GRC tools such as Onspring.