Advantage Tech is searching for an IT Customer Support Center Manager to join their clients team in the Kansas City Metro area.
This Senior level IT Customer Service Center Manager is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer services by providing direct IT support to employee’s activities and by supervising the Customer Service Center management staff. They will be responsible to own the communication to the business during business disruptions, provide continuous improvement initiatives and measure stability in the production environment.
Additionally, this role will work to find ways to engage with the business and other IT teams in a proactive planning and support way, as well as, working with the technical support staff to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the ongoing needs of the company.
- Manage the Customer Service Center management staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed.
- Facilitate incident resolution and pursue the necessary follow up to issues that were related to incidents. Ensure proper resolution of any system issues in a timely manner.
- Interact and communicate with end-users and providers to minimize impact when production applications issues disrupt the business processes.
- Create a Customer Service Center roadmap that will provide direction for planning and initiatives with IT support services.
- Ensure effective flow of communication among IT management, users, and providers, including proper escalation of system issues.
- Manage the process of gathering metrics to benchmark the Customer Service Center workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues. Measure customer service satisfaction and SLA achievement to identify improvement opportunities and celebrate successes
- Ensure the proper follow-up and documentation in response to all incidents and changes reported. Maintain procedure documentation to provide effective troubleshooting
- Promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customers’ satisfaction.
- Collaborate with 3rd level development teams and vendors to work through various application and system issues.
- Identify repeated issues to progressively refine and improve system
- Escalate and track technical difficulties to 3rd party vendors when appropriate
- Job is a full-time position M-F but will include weekend and night work when necessary. Kansas City location is preferred.
- Provide on-call support outside of regular business hours as needed
- Ownership of evolution of change management process to drive systems stability.
- Build the capability and communicate the CSC as the one place to go to get IT service and support
- Build self help knowledge base and establish ServiceNow as the the primary place to publish systems and process knowledge
- Refine application portfolio definitions and ensure Tier 2-4 support owners and escalation is clear and efficient
- Generate customer service mindset and focus, as the primary IT face to the majority of our business partners
- Other duties as assigned by the department Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing a Customer Support Center with an emphasis in Information Technology support preferred.
- Self-motivated and proactive, excels in collaborative team environments
- Displays a positive attitude and teamwork oriented
- Works independently with limited supervisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey information accurately
- Experience with supporting multi-site enterprise production environments
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and security infrastructure
- Knowledge of various platforms – AIX, Linux, AWS and Windows
- Experience with or Knowledge of both virtual servers and workstations.
- Experience providing support from a service and development perspectives
- Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with end-users
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively interact between users, technical staff, and management
- Knowledge of software development/support methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Service Now application.