Advantage Tech is looking for a Network Engineer for our Lenexa Client.
Individuals within the IT Infrastructure Engineer role are responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They secure, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve operating environment. They maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents and problems; and planning for growth. Individuals in this job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data centers, both on premise and in the cloud.
Infrastructure Engineers deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, secure, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment. They also provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers, and maintain the infrastructure.
- Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects
- Diagnoses and resolves complex security, hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring security, control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Participates in short- and long-term project efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Works in a team to maintain and support networks for business applications and SCADA environments; Security, Capacity Planning, Performance monitoring and tuning, Accurate network diagrams.
- Works in a team to maintain network security standards, identify security issues, and consult on and implement new security solutions.
- Works in a team to perform network and security audits, network health monitoring, and other recovery processes, in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Works in a team to implement, secure, maintain, administer, support, and monitor both on premise and cloud-based datacenter solutions.
- Works in a team environment to secure, monitor, support, and maintain various communications platforms.
- Manages, secures, and supports server operating systems and associated products from various third-party vendors including backup, patch management, systems management, and other software and appliances.
- Designs and performs server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Monitors and tests system performance; prepares and delivers system performance statistics and reports.
- Provides technical guidance in relation to Security, Data center design, Servers, Networks, Telephony, Systems management, and other technologies in support of business requirements.
- Creates technology designs and solutions in response to business needs that enable to maximize our IT investments and ensure the most cost-effective approach is followed.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Participates in cyber security planning and incident response.
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintaining flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results – Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Teamwork – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and encourages team unity through sharing, working together and putting team success first.
- Security & Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace safety and security policies, standards, and practices.
- Creating a Positive Work Environment – Treat people with respect, encourages teamwork, and expresses confidence in people's ability to master their roles.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the purpose of the position and demonstrates knowledge by staying current with changes impacting their job.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology, Network Communications Management or a related field plus five years of experience with the following:
- Technical operation of LAN/WAN, both wired and wireless
- Network related hardware and software, including security and administration tools
- Datacenter solutions, including some combination of ESXi, VMware, Azure, and other PAAS, IAAS and SAAS solutions.
In addition, some experience is required with managing datacenter, hyperconverged solutions and Storage Area Network (SAN) plus experience in Microsoft Windows Server and related services.
Note: An equivalent combination of education, professional certification, and experience may be considered.
- Must have knowledge of PC applications management systems and communications to include VPN applications.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols and Cisco switch, router and firewall configuration and administration. Strong communications trouble shooting skills in a switched Cisco network.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be detail oriented, creative and well organized, capable of developing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network operating systems.
- Must be assertive, flexible, and demonstrate initiative and sound judgment.
- Must interface well with IT departmental and user department personnel.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels and personnel and vendors.
- Must have excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for all user materials.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and continuously meet driving standards.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- VMware certification(s)
- Cisco certification(s)
- Microsoft Server certification(s)
- Microsoft Azure certification(s)
- Knowledge of datacenter design and capacity planning, including cooling and power planning
- Previous SCADA / Industrial Control System environment knowledge
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.