Advantage Tech is looking for a IT Manager for our Kansas City, MO.
What You'll Do
This is a mid-level management position within an information technology area that will communicate effectively with associates, peers & primary customers (business units or other teams), present technology topics to the broader team or the business.
– Focus on associate management & development and use previous experience with competency-based management program.
– Provide coaching- listening & providing timely feedback to associates.
– Interview candidates & make hiring decisions.
– Provides input, understanding & can execute towards a technology strategy.
– Set challenging yet attainable goals for associates, and performance management; requesting, managing & monitoring work efforts, ability to understand quality versus quantity.
– Understands current processes, promotes adherence, and provides recommendations for process improvements.
– Recognizes ambiguity and follows-up to clarify expectations.
– Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements.
– Participates in the budget process and maintains a budgetary awareness.
– Understands lights-on, non-discretionary & discretionary work; actively manages load & resource planning.
– Manage projects & work efforts to a Service Delivery Life Cycle process (SDLC).
– Understands risk & impact to the business, recommend risk mitigation strategies and options for the business to consider.
– Other duties as assigned.
This is an exciting new position to lead efforts for support and onboarding of FinTech companies seeking to offer banking solutions. Ideal candidate is a self-motivated critical thinker familiar with API integration and banking services. This role will manage a growth area for the Company in an exciting new marketplace.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
• Technical management experience specifically with the FinTech space
• Experience with API integration within the banking industry
Who You Are
– 2 or 4-year Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
– 3 years technical work experience
– 3 years management experience, supervisory or team lead experience
-Technical management experience
In this Role, You will Need
– Demonstrates strong communication skills (verbal & written)
– Demonstrates ability to communicate technical issues and concepts in plain language
– Demonstrates knowledge of system development methodology
– Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental principles of functional and unit testing
– Demonstrates knowledge of web-services architecture and implementation
– Demonstrates knowledge of relational database technologies
– Demonstrates knowledge of continuous Integration tools
– Demonstrates knowledge & proficiency using Source Control tools and processes
This is a new position that will be managing a team focusing on the FinTech projects. This team will be building the API interfaces to allow our FinTech clients’ customers to connect with our platform. We need an individual who has an application development background with API development experience. Candidates with development experience in legacy systems will not be a fit. Cutting edge development experience is what we want. This individual will be managing a team of about 4-5 employees primarily developers (.NET, MF) and an application architect.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.