Advantage Tech is looking for an IT Manager for our Lenexa, KS client.
IT Operations Manager
Job Description Summary
Advantage Tech is seeking an IT Operations Manager to support our growing 24/7/365 Datacenter operation. This position manages a diverse spectrum of activities related to our Software-as-a-Service as well as our employee-facing IT operations.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of success in managing IT teams as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A strong technical background is a must. Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/IT and 10+ years of experience in IT including 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Manage all aspects of IT projects from planning to execution to close
- Oversee all Service Desk activity to maximize efficiency and ensure SLAs are met
- Supervise team duties and tasks to ensure alignment with organizational priorities
- Work with the teams to research, design, and implement technical solutions
- Contribute to solution development for a wide range of technical projects
- Track important metrics and regularly report on key performance indicators
- Work closely with other leaders to ensure cross-departmental objectives are met
What you will need to be successful:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative environment with multiple competing and shifting priorities
- A passion for technology and proven success in a high-technology operation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and be flexible while managing multiple projects.
- Must have a strong technical acumen and the ability to personally contribute to the development and delivery of technical solutions.
- Must be a skilled troubleshooter, able to research and solve complex technical problems without guidance
- Familiarity with key technologies is a plus: VMWare/Windows/Linux/MSSQL/Apache/Tomcat/IIS/Java/Python/Ansible
- experience with Software-as-a-Service IT operations is a plus
- PMP certification or equivalent experience is a plus
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience with Agile software methodology is a plus
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code is a plus
- Information Security experience/credentials are a plus
- Software development background is a plus
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.