This position executes project management processes and methodologies for the IT division, ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, adhere to IT and Evergy standards, and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Leads project teams in the implementation efforts for projects/programs lead by the PMO team, ensuring that they are accurate, secure and efficient.
- Tracks key project milestones, adjusting project plans and/or resources as indicated.
- Communicates project status to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Creates project management documentation (project scope, project plans/schedules, project logs, status reports, issues management, etc.).
- Ensures that project implementation (designs, development, testing plans, change orders, etc.) is documented following the Evergy PMO methodology.
- Directs and monitors work daily, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Facilitates issue resolution.
- Manages the contractual commitments, scopes of work, budgets, and timelines of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to business functions/units.
- Working knowledge of technology applications used in business functions/units.
- Understands and considers the complexity and inter-relatedness of business functions and company technology applications.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Leads large project teams effectively, promoting and supporting teamwork.
- Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to both business and technical problems.
- Uses planning skills to manage and complete large, complex projects.
- Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including giving formal presentations to different audiences.
- Establishes and maintains effective consulting relationships.
- Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 6 years IT experience in multiple areas, including 2 years managing projects in multiple technologies and functions OR 8 years IT experience, including 4 years managing project in multiple technologies and functions.
Ideal candidate would have experience with both Infrastructure and Application Development projects.Submit Resume