Advantage Tech's client has a short term need for an Active Directory Administrator.
- Facilitate Active Directory administrative tasks, integration needs, and business requirements.
- Create advanced monitoring strategies for monitoring and reporting health of Active Directory components.
- Provide strategies for maintaining a secure Active Directory environment.
- Develop scripts and programs that incorporate automated features to monitor and maintain Active Directory and its components.
- Develop policies and standards for how Active Directory objects such as Groups and Organizational Units should be created, named, and maintained.
- Generate usage reports of components of AD like LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Provide point in time audit reports of different types of AD objects.
- Responsible for security related applications, including maintaining, deploying, upgrading, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Create and maintain support documentation as related to IT Security infrastructure and systems.
- Maintains job code matrix with security settings for each position in the organization.
- Provide first level monitoring of SIEM, log management, endpoint protection intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, and other security devices.
- Consults on and administers appropriate security settings for users, following a least-privilege framework.
- Work closely with IT Security and LAN server administrators to structure and define appropriate Group Policy, scripting, related to directory hierarchy, objects, and structure. Collaborate with the security team to mitigate vulnerabilities, define and implement security policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft certification with 3-5 years' minimum experience as a Windows 2012/2016/2019 and Active Directory services administrator.
- Hands-on experience in supporting Microsoft Windows 2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, ADFS, and GPO validation and design.
- Understanding of the inner working of Active Directory and its components.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring best practices for Active Directory and related services.
- Experience in developing and supporting system management automation tools to deploy, configure and monitor servers and services.
- Experience in developing, documenting, and enforcing the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users and other technical support personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Active Directory, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Detection, Endpoint Protection, Log Management, SIEM and security best practices.
- Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Organizational Units.
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Ability to solve complex admin tasks.
- Familiarity with VMWare and Dell EMC Isilon
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus