Our client is seeking a talented and motivated individual to become an integral part of their IT team. This role provides technical support to 400+ employees across varied functional roles and levels. Their skilled IT team supports desktop hardware, operating systems, sales software and tools, office productivity software, security devices/software, printers, and mobile. The IT team is streamlined allowing for opportunities to cross into multiple facets of IT, requiring a person that can span a wide breadth of IT knowledge.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize service requests. Ensure timely resolution of user issues by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Evaluate and prioritize service requests received via help desk; response will vary between telephone, in-person and use of remote access
- Responsible for onboarding all employees, including ensuring all software, licenses, and hardware is purchased and ready in advance of start date.
- Reviewing build issues and directing users on how to properly access data and creating markers to save views.
- Create technical documentation and training materials. Provide training sessions for business, which may include remote and/or classroom settings.
- Analyze and correct issues using documented procedures and available tools as well as personal knowledge, skills and recommended solutions
- Determine cause of hardware malfunctions such as hard drive, printer, cables or telephone by isolating performance issues. Escalate issues to the infrastructure team.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve both PC and Apple iOS software application problems
- Resolve printing and network connectivity issues
- Contact software and hardware vendors (via voice or online systems) to research issues and determine and implement recommended solutions
- Perform PC imaging for standardized deployments of business applications
- Perform daily checks to verify system availability
- Test and deploy new software, procedures, installation, conversion and upgrade activities
- Brainstorm with team members to resolve more complex issues and escalate difficult issues to IT Director
- Protects organization’s value and integrity by keeping ALL company and personnel information strictly confidential.
- Experience in end-user support, help desk ticketing software, hardware/software upgrades and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting the following technology:
o Microsoft Office 365
o Windows 10 (proficient)
o Copiers and printers
o Computer imaging, Desktop VPN’s, network shares, namespaces and mapped drives
- Experience troubleshooting remote issues and supporting offsite users
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to read and interpret documents, for example, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Available for limited travel to other local locations
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, analytical skills, patience, and flexibility
- Must be willing to field calls and resolve issues outside normal work hours should they occur.
- Experience delivering formal/informal technical user training