Advantage Tech is searching for a qualified Sr. Systems Analyst-Electric Utility for their client based out of Kansas City.
The position is responsible for professional work in analyzing, planning, and developing complex electric and water utility operational applications and systems solutions.
The incumbent must be highly skilled with:
- Technical experience in the assimilation and specialized processing of utility operational systems and processes.
- Work involves analysis, modification, and development of utility operational computer applications and systems.
- The incumbent will focus on delivering projects that satisfy business requirements at an agreed upon cost and schedule and identifies appropriate resources needed.
- He or she directs activities of the project deliverables and communicates with the appropriate team leads or managers, and coordinates the activities of the team by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- The position’s role is to work with little direct supervision.
MINIMAL EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
Ten (10) years demonstrated work experience in the Electric Utility industry.
- Incumbent must possess strong working knowledge of Operational Technology (OT) systems of an electric and water utility.
- Must possess working knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) smart metering systems and applications such as Honeywell/Elster, Tantalus, Aclara, Itron or other AMI systems; Siemens, Itron, uCentra, Oracle or other Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS).
- Must possess working knowledge of asset and work management systems and applications such as IBM Maximo, Avantis, Tenna, Cascade, and TMW Fleet Maintenance.
- Must possess working knowledge of Outage Management Systems (OMS) and applications such as Schneider, Milsoft, PSE, ACS or other OMS, with Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Must possess working knowledge of GIS mapping systems and applications such as ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCad Map 3D, ENVI, or Mapinfo.
- Must possess working knowledge of mobile dispatch solutions
- Must possess working knowledge of utility plant accounting systems
- Possessing a working knowledge of utility electric power generation operations and services is a plus.
*1. Manage a variety of initiatives and projects from inception to completion including Application implementations, new technology installations, and significant upgrade initiatives to current and future technology environments.
*2. Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria using appropriate tools throughout the project life cycle.
*3. Participate in project development activities from requirements gathering to fruition including project dependencies, critical path, scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives.
*4. Create and maintain process documentation to include system plans, project organization, project risks, project requirements, requirements responsibility matrix, dependency matrix, functional specifications and technical specifications.
*5. Produce or review documentation detailing process performance, individual deliverables, team member roles and responsibilities, project budget, proposed change orders, and contingencies.
*6. Review and modify communications plan documents which include project test plan, quality assurance plan, training plan, data conversion, migration and integration plan, implementation and deployment plan, issues logs and lessons learned.
*7. Maintain a big picture perspective. Serve as a mentor to project sponsors and project team members to educate and assist them with implementing business change management, identifying risks, issues, and impediments.
*8. Assist in managing customer expectations and achieving organizational goals. Work to facilitate a stress free work environment by assisting teams and organization with building a culture of cooperation, respect, simplicity, transparency, and agility.
*9. Lead or participate in project status meetings to ensure good communication within the project team as well as ensure that meeting minutes and status updates are understood by the team, stakeholders and other parties.
* Denotes essential function
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting deadlines
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, analytical, and possess customer service focus skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and SharePoint
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- MS Visio experience a plus