Advantage Tech is searching for a qualified Sr. Systems Analyst-Electric Utility for their client based out of Kansas City.
The position is responsible for professional work in analyzing, planning, and developing complex electric and water utility operational applications and system solutions.
- The incumbent must be highly skilled with technical experience in the assimilation and specialized processing of utility operational systems and processes.
- Work involves analysis and development of utility operational computer applications and systems.
- Incumbent will focus on delivering projects that satisfy business requirements at an agreed upon cost and schedule.
- Identifies appropriate resources needed and direct activities of the project deliverables and communicate with the appropriate team leads or managers.
- Coordinate the activities of the team by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- The incumbent’s role is to work with little direct supervision.
MINIMAL EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field. Ten (10) years demonstrated work experience in the Electric Utility industry.
- Incumbent must possess working knowledge of the Operational Technology (OT) systems of an electric and water utility.
- Must possess working knowledge of AMI smart metering systems and applications such as Honeywell Elster automated metering systems and Siemens Meter Data Management (MDM) system.
- Must possess working knowledge of asset and work management systems and applications such as Maximo v7.6, Cascade, and TMW Fleet Maintenance.
- Must possess working knowledge of outage management systems and applications such as Milsoft Outage Management System (OMS) and Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Must possess working knowledge of GIS mapping systems and applications such as ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCad Map 3D.
- Must possess working knowledge of mobile dispatch solutions
- Must possess working knowledge of utility plant accounting systems
- Possessing working knowledge of utility electric power generation operations and services is a plus.
*1. Manage a variety of initiatives and projects from inception to completion including onboarding implementations, new technology installations, and significant upgrade initiatives to current and future technology environments.
*2. Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria using appropriate tools throughout the project life cycle.
*3. Direct project development activities from requirements gathering to fruition including project dependencies, critical path, scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives.
*4. Create and maintain project management documentation to include project management plans (charters), project organization, project risks, project requirements, requirements traceability matrix, dependency matrix, functional specifications and technical specifications.
*5. Produce or review documentation detailing project plan performance, individual deliverables, team member roles and responsibilities, project budget, proposed change orders, and contingencies.
*6. Develop communications plan documents which include project test plan, quality assurance plan, training plan, data conversion, migration and integration plan, implementation and deployment plan, issues logs and lessons learned.
*7. Maintain a big picture perspective. Serve as a mentor to project sponsors and project team members to educate and assist them with implementing business change management, identifying risks, issues, and impediments.
*8. Manage customer expectations and achieve organizational goals. Work to facilitate a stress free work environment by assisting teams and organization with building a culture of cooperation, respect, simplicity, transparency, and agility.
*9. Lead project status meetings to ensure good communication within the project team as well as ensure that meeting minutes and status updates are appropriately published to the team, stakeholders and interested parties
*Denotes essential function
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting deadlines
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, analytical, and possess customer service focus skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and SharePoint
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.