Advantage Tech has an awesome client with a need for a Java developer with significant development development experience in an relational database environment. Candidate should have broad Java/J2EE programming experience. Local candidates are preferred for expedient onboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree may count for 2 years of experience.
- Works with business analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business requirements.
- Create prototypes to validate requirements.
- Analyze requirements and propose changes to data model as required by design.
- Construct browser-based web applications using Java/J2EE using frameworks and technologies listed below.
- Develop comprehensive automated unit tests for all software developed.
- Respond to problems by researching issues and developing solution to the problems.
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior team members.
- +9 years advanced computer programming skills in including JAVA, JAVA Script, Eclipse, Maven, OO Design, Struts, Spring, XML, Web Services, HTML and OO Design.
- Advanced working skills in programming with relational databases including SQL.
- Experience writing JUnit test-cases and building test-suites.
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts.
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation).
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development.
- Must be certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer, Oracle Certified Java Associate, or higher certification. If not, must obtain within 90 days of start date
- Must be certified as GSSP-JAVA.
- Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
- Able to adhere to client development standards
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Additional Provisions:
- Pass both a client mandated Public Trust clearance process to include FBI criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process. If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a Public Trust clearance.