Advantage Tech is seeking a candidate for a Software Engineer position. This position will have responsibilities in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of an enterprise solution in a JAVA environment.
- Participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including post implementation support and maintenance.
- Analyzes, designs, codes and implements enterprise technology software solutions.
- Analyzes business requirements and creates technical designs and specifications for independent implementation or for less experienced team members.
- Creates estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks.
- Works collaboratively with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, business customers and other key stakeholders.
- Consults effectively with customers and business partners on defined assignments.
- Recognizes issues and risks and raises them to senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- At the Software Engineer I level we require at least four to six years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
- Foundational knowledge of industry standards and best practices surrounding all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in all layers of multi-stack development. Web Application Development Framework (e.g. JSF, Spring MVC, etc.). Developing REST/SOAP based APIs. Java Enterprise (e.g. JEE). Persistence Layer/ORM (e.g. MyBatis, JDBC, Hibernate, etc.). Ancillary Concerns (e.g. Application Security, JMS, Scheduling, Resource Management, etc.).
- Well-versed in a breadth of design patterns and development methodologies.
- Proven ability to learn and support new technologies (e.g. Web Services, MQ Series, WebFOCUS, etc.).
- Excellent relational database skills (e.g. Oracle, etc.). • Competent in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps principles.
- Competent in test automation; firm grasp of testing practices, principles and methodologies.
- Preferred experience with Agile Software Development principles.
United States citizenship is required for this position.