Our Lawrence client is seeking a talented and motivated individual to become an integral part of our IT team. As the Jr. Developer, you will be working closely with our Sr. Developer to learn our application stack and drill in at a technical level to maintain and assist in building out code requirements.
In this role, you will not be siloed, in fact this position requires a person who is comfortable and wants to learn multiple disciplines. Opportunities to learn a wide spectrum of technology should be desired. Some of those technologies include:
- Exposure to multiple languages: RPG ILE, Java, C#, SQL
- Program, Database, and UI Design
- Middleware Integration
- IBM Power 8 system
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Windows Servers
- BI Solution
- Visual Studio and DevOps
- Create/Update Program Documentation
- Learn development standards by instruction from our Sr. Developer
- Assist or own development efforts and participate in code review
- Understand our business solutions and each integration point to appropriately diagnose and expediently support our business users.
- Work alongside our Support Specialist to create training plans and documentation to guide the training sessions succinctly and within the allocated time window.
- Assist with system upgrades by engaging with vendors and services, creating and executing against a detailed project plan and conducting several iterations of testing before promoting changes to minimize impacts to end users.
- Participate in internal discussions to prioritize software enhancements and software projects.
- Adhere to current documentation methodologies and contributes to existing knowledgebase.
- Share thoughts openly with team in a constructive and conducive manner.
- Protect the organization’s value and integrity by keeping ALL company and personnel information strictly confidential.
- Field calls and resolve issues outside normal work hours should they occur. No weekends.