Advantage Tech is searching for a Jr. Java Developer to work for their client based out of Overland Park, KS
The Java Developer is responsible for building and implementing functional and efficient programs.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years working as a Java Developer required.
- Retail Inventory Management or Point of Sale experience a plus.
- RESTful JSON APIs (both Server and Client)
- Spring Framework
- Maven and/or Ant
- IntelliJ IDEA or similar
- GitLab or similar
- JIRA or similar
- Jenkins or similar
- Java Swing
- Unit Testing
- Demonstrates ownership of projects by taking initiative, being accountable, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to approach work with an eye for details, while understanding the big picture.
- The ability to think creatively with a focus on providing something of value.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment, with adiverse group and across functional areas.
- Demonstrates the ability for clear and effective verbal and written communications; demonstrates active listening skills.