Advantage Tech has a great opportunity to a qualified individual that would like to begin learning and advancing as a Mortgage Loan Underwriter.
- Responsible for reviewing/analyzing loan file conditions submitted to ensure file meets loan program requirements.
- Review of documents such as credit, income, debt, and assets.
- Responsible to determine whether the documentation satisfies the specific conditions.
- Condition files for missing/supporting documentation
- Communication with underwriter regarding items that require further review
- Work with contract underwriting approvals to ensure the system matches the contract underwriting approval prior to closing.
- Responsible for analyzing risk loans and underwriting for compliance with investor and/or state/federal guidelines.
- Responsible for meeting department productivity and quality standards and comply with company's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- The position will cross-train to learn how to analyze and underwrite various types of loans such as conventional, FHA, VA, etc.
- 5+ years as a mortgage processor or mortgage closer
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Lending terminology and Agency and Investor guidelines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining friendly disposition.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, agencies and investors.
- Ability to interpret financial institution regulations and a variety of business instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.