Advantage Tech is looking for a Lead Enterprise Systems candidate for our Kansas City, MO Client.
The Lead, Enterprise Systems will function as a key leader of the Information Technology team as new products emerge and existing systems evolve. The roles main purpose is to assists in defining the strategic vision for design, integration, conversion and delivery of all core Enterprise systems and related processes while facilitating the tactical execution of these systems and processes. This position supports overall enterprise effectiveness by partnering with each Department to, through technology, identify opportunities to improve processes, facilitate change, and to support new initiatives while maintaining a solid relationship with vendor partners, and aligning enterprise needs with vendor system roadmaps. This is an enterprise level role, and as such must be aligned to the strategic vision of the organization.
- Develop and maintain inter department relationships, ensuring deep understanding of vision and the role of technology in its execution.
- Co-ordination of the technical roadmap for Core Enterprise Systems with each system vendor.
- Internal coordination of patches and major / minor releases to ensure supportability of each system, and ensuring it aligns with the supported technology stack provided by the infrastructure teams.
- Collaborate with PMO and Delivery to ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts
- Work with a team comprised of both internal and external resources to ensure the health of all Enterprise Systems and ensuring these systems are adequately supported and each business unit is able to leverage these systems to perform its responsibilities.
- Project Management Expertise: Experience and working knowledge of “best practices” in developing and leading/managing projects to create solutions, plan, budget, and execute projects in support of customer objectives/goals. This includes the ability to work across the organization to plan for the supporting project/activities needed to successful implement customer programs/projects.
- Leadership: Willing to “take a position vs. managing a position”; ability to drive change within the organization; ability to build consensus/coalitions amongst diverse (or divergent) interests; acts with integrity; takes the initiative; exercises sound judgment; sets the example.
- Analytical/Problem Solving: Intellectual capacity and ability to gather, sort and analyze data and then develop logical conclusions; critical thinking skills; familiar with problem solving tools/techniques and able to communicate options, conclusions, and recommendations to both the business and the technology teams.
- Interpersonal/Communication: articulate and capable of conveying ideas clearly/concisely; sensitive to needs of the audience; ensures the customer, as well as service areas within IT are kept informed of plans, status, and current problems/challenges; manages around internal politics; empathetic, good listener.
- Vendor Management: ability to work directly with a vendor to facilitate and manage integrations, upgrades, RFP’s, billing and resource management.
- Experience and working knowledge of industry “best practices” related to insurance brokerage, Third Party Administration (TPA), and underwriting systems.
- High level of technical acumen
- High level of business acumen as it relates to the insurance industry.
- Quickly understands the overall business strategy, to analyze the business processes, and to develop technical solutions to support the business strategy.
- Ability to mentor others through issues and if needed, facilitate resolution.
- Must be a constant learner. Staying up to date on industry knowledge and striving to learn about new and emerging technologies and trends in the Insurance and Securities space, as well as business practices and trends (including regulatory and compliance requirements).
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.