Growing company seeking a leader to join their Service Desk in a leadership capacity. This individual will be responsible for a team of up to 20 service desk professionals and helping them with their day to day responsibilities as well as coaching/mentoring.
Job Overview: These teams are responsible for front line support of all technical related incidents and requests of the business. They are responsible for supervising the daily work load of the team, providing feedback to leadership and working on various projects and initiatives. They are responsible for cultivating strong teams, developing their direct reports and guiding them to reach their career goals.
- Build Strong Teams by Acting Like an Owner
- Create “Raving Fans” by improving the Customer Experience
- Gather feedback from customers, using positive feedback to build a stronger team and using negative feedback as a learning tool for the team
- Identify distractions and remove quickly, escalating when needed
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of new team members
- Ensure staff is properly trained and developed
- Perform development and performance reviews with staff
- Conduct critical conversations with direct reports
- Guide direct reports to complete daily tasks
- Track and report metrics that show efficiency and value as directed
- On a regular basis, gather information on new issues and collaborate with other team members to reach a resolution
- Assist in the development of remediation plans to define work-arounds while Root Cause is being identified
- Create opportunities for team members to gain a more thorough perspective of our customers
- Identify and mitigate risks, escalating to Leadership in a timely manner
- Provide technical direction to the team
- Assist in establishing standard operating procedures, policies and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Information Technology preferred or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Six (6) or more years of experience in Information Technology or project management
- Six (6) or more years of experience leading and managing teams
Advantage Tech is proud to recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm and proud to have recently opened another branch in Omaha, , Nebraska. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.