Advantage Tech is searching for a Sr. Software Engineer to join their client's team in Kansas City, Mo.
Candidate can work remote
This position is responsible for the overall development of software for client applications and internal business systems. Incumbents work closely with clients, business leads, product owners and senior management to coordinate application team tasks within projects. The Senior Software Engineer reports to the Program Manager and will play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross- functional projects to clients.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of design and application development.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications/operating systems.
- Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs
- Development responsibilities on multiple complex projects.
- Estimate bodies of work for client delivery.
- Estimates and recommends project resource allocations to the resource manager
- Prototyping, proving in and justifying new technologies. Actively investigating and innovating on new technology solutions to solve business problems
- Provides technical project management for multiple, complex development projects.
- Ensures senior management is kept up to date on project status' and key details
- Ensure sold engagements/products are delivered on time and within budget
- Partner with system architects to deliver the optimal technical design.
- Provides leadership to the development team, regarding software architecture approach and design.
- Mentor team members to develop skill sets and build capacity
- Provides experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment – where change is the only constant
- Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments; knowledge or relevant technology, tools, and middleware is critical
- Strong in both breadth and depth of experience with multiple programming languages and development techniques
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- CMS: Telerik Sitefinity, Kentico, SharePoint
- CI/CD: Octopus, Azure DevOps
- Languages: Python, VB.NET, React, Java, Scala, Elastic Search
- CRM: Dynamics 365, Salesforce, Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Siebel,
- ERP: SAP, Microsoft Great Plains, Dynamics 365 Business Central, Oracle EBS
- Azure: Functions, Web Apps, Service Bus, Queues, Topics, AzureSQL, Blob Storage, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Database: SSAS, Oracle, DB2, Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, MAPR, DynamoDB, Amazon RedShift
- Data Visualization: PowerBI, Microsoft Datazen, Tableau, Qlikview, Birst, Alteryx, Domo, SAS Visual Analytics, IBM Cognos
- PowerApps, Microsoft Flow
Required Education and Experience:
- MS/MA in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi- tier applications using .NET technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing Agile software projects across multiple distributed teams
- Has in depth experience and a mastery of the following technologies:
- MVC, Razor, Bootstrap, WebAPI, IIS
- SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS