Advantage Tech is looking for a Loan Default Counselor to join their Kansas City, MO based team.
This position is primarily responsible for the collection and loss mitigation of mortgage loan accounts. Inbound and outbound calls to delinquent borrowers to determine reasons for delinquency. Counsel borrowers on importance of keeping loan current. Counsel borrowers on loss mitigation options. Review financial information submitted by borrowers. Provide recommendations or alternatives to prevent further or future delinquency. Establish repayment plans with borrowers and follow-up to ensure agreed upon arrangements are adhered to. Recommend files for foreclosure to management when other loss mitigation options have failed. Compliance with all federal, state, agency and internal collection regulations and guidelines. Correspondence with attorneys.
What you offer us
• 2-5 years mortgage collection experience or similar financial collections experience required.
• 2+ years of college preferred, but not required.
• Must be professional and courteous with internal and external customers.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong negotiation skills.
• Must have strong propensity for detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Must be able to complete complex directives.
• Must be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
• Must be proficient in math.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Position Hours: Monday- Friday, 40 hours, occasional evening or Saturday morning required.