Advantage Tech is looking for a Loan Servicing Manager to join their Kansas City based client.
The Loan Servicing Manager position will support the Customer Service team to ensure all customers receive the highest quality of communication, Information, and service in a timely manner. This leadership role works in-conjunction with and under supervision of the VP of Loan Servicing to establish team goals and to manage the day-to-day activities of team personnel in meeting these goals. Specific activities will include ensuring adequate call center coverage, planning workflow, delegating tasks/responsibilities, monitoring individual and team performance, monitoring quality, and assuring a high level of productivity and customer service as well as ensuring department operational activities are carried out in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Directly supervise employees in the Customer Service department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Routinely review staff performance of key metrics and work with staff daily to improve performance.
- Conduct quality reviews of staff daily and provide feedback.
- Ensure escalated customer issues are addressed promptly and handled properly. Assists staff supervisors with escalation questions regarding processes, systems, or compliance requirements.
- Responsible for performance appraisals; development of staff; and reward/coach/counsel employees.
- Interview, recommend and hire potential candidates.
- Plan assign and direct daily workloads including special projects.
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
- Provides training and guidance to team personnel to assure quality operations and timeliness in the handling of all functions.
- Maintains commitment to service excellence to internal/external customers.
- Develops strong working relationships and partnerships enterprise wide.
- Ensures on an annual basis that all procedures assigned by team are reviewed and updated.
- Display a thorough understanding of the procedures, systems, and regulations of Residential Loan Servicing.
- Well versed in the day-to-day responsibilities and processes across all functional areas of Loan Servicing.
- Significant latitude in making decisions within the department in the absence of VP of Loan Servicing.
- Must excel at motivating team members through positive involvement and effective communication.
- Professionally and effectively handles escalation issues with other departments within the bank.
- Manages special duties and projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following
- Self-management and ability to distribute workloads
- Strong customer service skills
- Training Skills
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Minimum 5-7 years mortgage loan servicing experience or similar financial/banking experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years supervisory/management experience required.
- Well versed in FHLMC, FNMA, HUD, and VA servicing guidelines; as well as all loan servicing related regulatory matters, including RESPA, TILA and Fair Credit Reporting Act, state licensing and servicing regulations and other servicing regulations.
- Ability to develop and present information in varied mediums.
- Sound judgment, analytical and decision-making abilities.