Advantage Tech is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join a great company in KC and support their overnight operations.
This position is responsible for effectively communicating with customers, coordinating specific transportation routes and assisting with resolving Driver issues while maintaining compliance with applicable state, federal and DOT regulations. This is an overnight flex scheduled position from 6pm – 6am, four days per week.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Competently provide exceptional customer service via phone, e-mail and on-site interactions and provide guidance to drivers.
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers by responding to & filtering inquiries and complaints concerning receipts, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner either by phone or email.
- Develop a detailed understanding of customers managed in specified region.
- Accurately monitor on time deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, and proactive communication of potential delays.
- Proactively communicate to customers and drivers:
- Confirmation of order receipt and acceptance
- Changes in confirmed schedule
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the petroleum industry and the categories that we do business.
- Maintain annual Driver approved terminals in system and ensure they're available to work.
- Ensure Drivers and equipment are being efficiently utilized with minimum delay time and cost effectiveness.
- Administer and support safety to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with DOT regulations and multi-state laws.
- Work with billing to ensure service work completed is invoiced timely and accurately to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring Drivers are meeting committed delivery times and ensuring quality service.
- Document and maintain all customer facility requirements.
- Document and maintain all process standard work for customer service, order processing and scheduling.
- Pro-actively review driver schedules' to ensure optimized capacity.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure Manager of Logistics is first point of escalation in resolving issues.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Economics, Communications or related field
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry or trucking company preferred
- Must be able to work in fast paced, high energy and open environment
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Must be available on a rotating basis to ensure 24/7 coverage, to include company holidays
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors