Advantage Tech is looking for a Manager of Database and Enterprise Scheduling for our Lee's Summit, MO Client.
The Manager, Infrastructure Operations reports to the Director of Technology Infrastructure Operations (TIO). The Infrastructure Operations Manager’s role is to oversee a team of Database Administrators and Production Control Analysts and is responsible for the operational activities of the Database and Batch processing systems. The ideal candidate for the Manager role will have a proven track record of innovative thinking, problem solving, focus on performance and operational efficiencies, a passion for data/statistical analysis of KPIs and metrics, and a strong business acumen in Healthcare for IT.
The Manager will be responsible for a team of administrators and analysts who install, monitor, and maintain Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, NoSQL Platforms, and BMC Control-M Orchestration platforms. The Manager is responsible for assisting with the strategy, planning, acquisition, deployment, and operational management of these platforms working with internal and external service providers to ensure operational excellence.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases and enterprise job scheduling in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on enterprise job scheduling, database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor enterprise job scheduling within the Control-M platform and ensure workload balance and efficiency.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases and enterprise batch scheduling.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Partner with Cybersecurity team to establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices for enterprise scheduling and database use.
- Plan and manage upgrades of all Database and Scheduling platforms to remain in compliance.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is completed for all Major Incidents.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires a minimum of five years of managerial experience.
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders, senior leadership team, and department heads, etc.
- Additional years of qualifying experience may be considered in lieu of formal education and certification requirements.
- Perform all departmental administrative activities, including staff meetings, attendance, monthly status reporting, strategic planning, documentation, and other activities, as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.