Advantage Tech is looking for a Manager of Claims Applications for our Lee's Summit, MO Client.
The Manager, Claims Applications – Development & Engineering will have responsibility for the development team that supports the FACETS claims application and the entire claims ecosystem, including our claims processing software, claims editing software, and core workflow application. This role will work directly with key business partners to meet their needs with the suite of technologies as well as work closely with the system analysis and configuration team. The work group will have multiple functional projects being performed. Supervision required is unique and personalized for each person with separate projects/work being performed. Responsible for developing, modifying and implementing policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Work is planned in the mid-range time horizon and is focused on establishing policy and procedures for own work group or for other work groups as it relates to responsibility.
- Responsible for employee selection, performance and disciplinary decisions and may help may lower level management hiring decisions.
- Makes decisions on work processes and priorities for functional area. Project success/Work decisions measured on major project milestone.
- Establishes, and is accountable for, functional policies, processes and objectives for department.
- Work includes influencing other department management on issues where guidelines or general understanding of company positioning already exists (e.g., negotiating with vendors, standard contact with outside professionals or dealing with regulatory agencies on routine matters)
- May negotiate with vendors on contracts terms.
- Manage a group who has unique projects that are not similar in nature and supervision requires more personalization of guidance and goals for each team member.
- Responsibility for for custom development related to Core Claims systems, including extensions, adapters, etc. TriZetto/Cognizant FACETS
- Adheres to company's values and cultivates these values in team members.
- Works collaboratively with peers in IT to deliver a seamless experience and presence to the business partners supported.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers to understand the business needs and provide application recommendations based on business needs. Cultivates this approach with the team.
- Regularly reviews current customizations for improvement and enhancement opportunities.
- Remains up-to-date on current software supported as well as new software that may support internal business customer needs.
- Works closely with the system analysis and configuration team along with the Program Manager & Solution Architect to define business and technical roadmaps for the applications.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours) from an accredited college/university in discipline to be managed.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Requires three – five years of managerial experience along with experience in the discipline to be managed.
- Requires familiarity with claims processing, editing and workflow software, specifically TriZetto/Cognizant FACETS
- Requires strong analytic and problem solving capabilities and the ability to identify solutions and recommendations that effectively address business and control needs along with how to train and guide others in this area.
- Requires the ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines.
- Requires the ability to work collaboratively with team members across multiple divisions and departments.
- Requires a proven record of meeting commitments and achieving goals through the encouragement, guidance and influencing of others.
- Requires a self-starter personality.
- Requires highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires flexibility and willingness to work with a wide range of personalities on a variety of projects while prioritizing effectively.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires some local travel.
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements
- Translate requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes);
- Oversees software design
- Ensures execution of testing
- Communicates status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- Direct project team and cross functional teams
- Enhance design to prevent recurrences of defects
- Manage on-time delivery and hand-offs
- Interact with project manager to provide input on project plan and demonstrate leadership to the project team
- Works with business stakeholders on new requests including new systems, enhancements, and features and prioritize them for assignment by engineers
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, critical, possible root cause);
- Direct actions as designated in the plan
- Interpreting the results to determine further action
- Strategic thinker and partner to technology leaders and business partners
- Good understanding of business processes and how they relate to customer experience technology
- Influence infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
- Works closely with and provides routine updates to leadership, up to and including the Vice President, Enterprise Business Applications.