Advantage Tech is looking for a Manager of Information Security for our Kansas City Client.
The role of the Manager of Information Security is to provide leadership to a team of information security professionals, manage projects and tasks while delivering high quality results. Working in a team environment to plan, organize and manage overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s security profile.
• Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Expertise in various security platforms including but not limited to: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, twofactor authentication systems, antivirus systems, secure email gateway appliances, web filtering proxy, security information and event management (SIEM) platforms, web application firewalls, data-loss prevention, vulnerability detection, content filtering and identity and access management.
• Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures. Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods. Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures. System administration, supporting multiple platforms and applications. Cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS) security. Automating security testing tools.
• Experience in designing, implementing and architecting global, large-scale applications, which span multiple businesses (B2B or B2C) that meet complex business unit requirements, and preferably in complex enterprise environments.
• Establish and maintain the highest level of credibility and trust with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, communicating risks, and proposing solutions.
• Track identified risks and exceptions, and manage to resolution.
• Experience working with vendors to carry out proof of concepts and design discussions. May negotiate with vendors on contracts terms.
• Advanced level of knowledge with ADFS, Kerberos, NTLM, OAuth, SAML, and other authentication methods.
• Proficiency in PowerShell scripting.
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; Strong communication / leadership skills.
• Responsible for employee selection, performance and disciplinary decisions.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours) from an accredited college/university in discipline to be managed.
• Requires one or more of the following governance, risk, assurance or security certifications: CISSP, HCISPP, CRMA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CBCP, GIAC or related governance, security, risk management or business continuity/disaster recovery certifications.
• Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
• Requires three – five years of managerial experience along with experience in the discipline to be managed.
• Requires ten plus years of experience in Information Technology, Information Security, IT Assurance, IT Governance, Risk Management and/or Business Continuity Management.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience with Privileged Access Management, Authentication, Directory Services and Identity Management technologies.
• Requires strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to identify solutions and recommendations that effectively address business and control needs along with how to train and guide others in this area.
• Requires a proven record of meeting commitments and achieving goals through the encouragement, guidance and influencing of others.
• Requires highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. • Requires flexibility and willingness to work with a wide range of personalities on a variety of projects while prioritizing effectively.
• Requires some local travel.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.