We are looking for a talented on Manager of Technology who will focus on building tools to enable us to do business with our network of communities. These include B2B portal, custom integrations with third party CRM systems, and reporting. You will develop API layer to enable us to integrate with our network of communities, including integration with internal systems and web sites.
This position reports to the VP of Technology. You will use your technology skills to identify latest technologies, architectural and design patterns to be implemented. You will provide architectural direction to team of engineers building systems. This can be a fully remote position.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a hands-on and outcome-oriented technology leader with extensive experience designing, building, and supporting modern web services.
What you will do:
- Partner with community sales teams to understand the requirements required to build a self-service portal.
- Partner with other tech leads and senior engineers across multiple teams and orgs to gather system requirements, gut check new feature proposals, and drive large system improvements.
- Provide the team the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
- Responsible for group’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Experiment with new technologies, and conduct proof of concept which then is presented to tech peers.
- Mentor the professional development of each engineer by helping them build and execute personal development plans that map to our organization goals. Aggressively recruit and hire talented engineers.
- Candidates should expect to spend 50% of their time coding and 50% of their time leading a team of software engineers.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Developing modern websites and services using React and Next.js
- Strong experience in design and development of API including REST and GraphQL
- Experience in implementing a component library using StoryBook.js
- Strong understanding of AWS Services, Docker Containers, and CI/CD
- Experience with database technologies like: MySQL / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Elasticsearch