The Manager of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) will lead the technology team responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise automation solutions using RPA and OCR/Machine Learning. The role with work closely with teams to identify process automation opportunities and the appropriate tool or tools to use to automate the process.
- Serve as the technical architect for automation solutions and lead a team of developers working on high-profile and complex automation projects to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects by working closely with the development team, business analysts, and other technology teams, where applicable
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently, prioritize responsibilities and tasks, and implement innovative solutions while exhibiting a commitment to detail, timelines, thoroughness, and quality.
- Support the creation of process maps and Process Design Documents (PDDs) for handoff to the RPA development team for automation of processes, and support the development team as needed to ensure successful deployment
- Ensure that technical designs, project plans, release notes, and other project information are effectively documented to support development, security, operations, and maintenance
- Manage and support bots’ performance and scheduling, with high SLSs for some areas that are customer-facing
- Keep current on UiPath and Hyperscience release cycles, products, and services, and align with internal platform upgrades
- Responsible for maintaining awareness and understanding of the business unit recovery plan for the robotic process automation area and the corporation’s business continuity program in general
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the business and IT organization, including direct contact with senior-level leaders to provide technical expertise and project direction
- Manage vendor relationships to gain efficiencies, strengthen relationships, and ensure optimal utilization of the vendor’s platform and resources.
- Researching, recommending, and implementing new processes and technology to improve the quality of services provided
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years technical experience with object-oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, VB, Python, or Java
- 3+ years in a managerial role organizing, guiding, and directing the work of others
- 3+ years of experience using RPA technology; preferably with the UiPath automation tool
- 2+ years of experience with OCR technology, like Hyperscience, preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that supports applying strategy, critical thinking, and performance metrics to ensure we deliver value to our stakeholders and investors
- Demonstrated SDLC experience and documentation skills (user guides, manuals, policies, procedures, work instructions, protocols, project reports, and proposals)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work to meet both internal and external project commitments
- Proficiency in data analysis and data-driven decision-making
- Strong attention to detail, logical thinking, and problem-solving
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) plus the ability to work with both technical & business stakeholders