Marketing Analytics Specialist
Job Title: Marketing Analytics Specialist
We are searching for a Marketing Analytics Specialist to join our Client and help them make great decisions across all of Marketing, with an emphasis on all things Digital. This includes everything from running A/B tests on the web, analyzing the impact of digital campaigns, building and monitoring reporting dashboards, and using data to expose new opportunities across all digital channels.
This role requires you to not only make sense of a wide variety of data collected, but also to be a strategic voice in how we collect and use this data to give our customers the best possible experience.
Our Client is a data-driven organization that requires the Marketing teams to have a full understanding of their efforts and the opportunities available. In turn this role will not only need to be excited about gathering and interpreting data but will also be required to present and articulate complex data to key stakeholders in a digestible and actionable format.
The ideal candidate will push the organization to expand our possibilities in data collection and usage with an interest in newer technologies like AI and Machine Learning and have a passion for staying on top of the quickly changing opportunities and limitations of data collection.
The ideal candidate will be strategic and growth focused with a desire to expand the possibilities of a Marketing analytics team.
Do these statements ring true?
- You are a data wrangler with a keen ability to map raw data and convert it into formats that enable dashboard reporting and ease of consumption by the intended audience.
- You have an analytical mindset with a strong ability to compile data, reporting, and insights, and turn them into actionable learnings.
- You have a keen eye for data, trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for those trends.
- You understand the benefits and nuances of being part of a growing company. It’s fast. It’s dynamic. And that’s a thrill for you.
- You’re naturally curious with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must.
- You thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment where multi-tasking and adaptability are a requirement.
- You are team focused with the ability to work autonomously.
- You’d move boulders to help a team achieve their goals.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving marketing initiatives and website conversion.
- Manage day-to-day monitoring, analysis and reporting of key content and campaign topics and business priorities globally across relevant information mediums.
- Provide internal and external cross-functional teams with rich insights that best inform digital experience creation and optimization.
- Build marketing data pipelines, and provide support on data connections and API’s.
- Manage the retrieving, compiling and formatting of large volumes of data and provide ad hoc reporting requests.
- Identify opportunities for a better digital user experience through studying customer journey on our web properties and apps
- Work with the web product team closely to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
- Conduct marketing analytics measurement and A/B tests related to channel growth, audience engagement, content and campaign effectiveness.
- Analyze complex data sets that enable the Marketing Technology team to optimize website content and digital ads.
- Build business-critical data capabilities like marketing attribution, valuation of customer engagement, and tracking of cross-channel marketing touches for each customer
- Collaborate with BI team to establish and maintain a framework providing the organization with a holistic approach to collecting, managing, securing, and storing marketing data.
- Define marketing data architecture and overall structure of data-related resources
- Seek out opportunities to improve reporting processes.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our customers, the buyer’s journey, the competition and market through research and analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar field preferred; equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of specialized experience and expertise within digital marketing analytics and reporting.
- Hands on experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools such as Google Data Studio or Qlik for data exploration and marketing performance evaluation.
- Proficient with website tracking and reporting, including Google Analytics (both Universal Analytics and GA4) and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with A/B testing through tools such as Google Optimize
- Data engineering capabilities, including exposure to ETL processes
- Experience with cloud-based data lake and warehouse solutions, such as working within Azure, Google BigQuery, or Amazon Redshift
- Must be curious and be able to proactively identify areas for improvement while continuously providing solutions to problems.
- Proven experience in identifying and analyzing data to both inspire and optimize marketing campaigns and conversion rate optimization.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to tell a story in an easy-to-digest manner
- Keen eye for data trends and ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends.
- Understanding of timely turn-around on assignments. Must be able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication