Seeking a Master Electrician with project management experience to work in an owner occupied facility. Candidate must be highly self-motivated and flexible in job assignments. Must be familiar with 13,200v primary distribution systems and 480v through 120v low voltage systems. Familiarity with medium voltage switchgear is required.
- Coordinates and provides leadership for all phases of various facilities-related projects performed by coworkers and outside contractors. These may include, but not to be limited to, construction projects involving building structure maintenance, electrical projects, pipefitting-related projects, or installation of new equipment and mechanical systems.
Preventative Maintenance & Repairs:
- Perform routine, emergency, preventive maintenance and operational assignments relating to operation and/or maintenance of medium voltage distribution systems.
- Performs highly complex repair and maintenance of various systems and related equipment independently.
- Experience with medium voltage switchgear (13,200 volt) and double ended substations (480v) maintenance and service preferred.
- Experience with emergency power supply systems (13,200v three phase generators) and associated switchgear.
- Experience with automatic transfer switches (480v), uninterrupted power supply (UPS), static transfer switches (STS).
- Inspect/monitor/troubleshoot building systems. Includes in-depth knowledge of specialized testing and diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot electrical related issues in a commercial or industrial setting.
Customer Service/Work Requests:
- Communicates with customer, project manager or facilities support staff, as appropriate, regarding status of project or work requests. Works collaboratively with other trades and design/project management team.
- Provides guidance and training to other technicians and ensures minimal disruptions to daily operations during the facilities-related projects.
- Provides guidance to technical staff in other trades on safe electrical work practices.
Contract Development & Management:
- Provides input for developing RFPs where significant technical expertise in several areas is necessary.
- Collaborates with lead to develop project budgets and estimates.
- Some overtime is required when performing or overseeing the performance of preventive and predictive maintenance on electrical distribution equipment and in projects performed for internal customers.
Will primarily work day shift, but may be called upon to work second or third shift, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six years industry experience with a Master Electrician level – Kansas City Missouri license preferred with experience in commercial and/or industrial electrical work.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 70E, electrical safety requirements, including arc flash personal safety requirements.
- Experience leading project teams, supervising contract work, and developing written work instructions. Experience with project estimating preferred.
- Good computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet application, email. Proficient at operating all computer equipment associated with assigned equipment or systems.
- Possess good writing and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to originate instruction documents that can be used by other technicians to perform preventive maintenance or verify electrical system operation.
- Proficiency with floor plans and line drawings.
- Understanding of manufacturer's equipment manuals and operational instructions.
- Ability to multitask and use time efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- Team member with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working on ladders and lifts.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Certain eligibility requirements apply.