Advantage Tech is hiring a Merchant Services rep for a client of ours based in Overland Park, KS!
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
- Meet with existing customers and expand relationships to ensure proper servicing of customers.
- Responsible for all phases of the sales process.
- Call on prospective customers to develop new merchant service sales opportunities.
- Evaluate current payment structure, pricing, and develop customized solutions to meet the customer’s needs.
- Prepare and present sales presentations and proposals.
- Provide training to ensure an understanding of the Bank’s products offerings and communicate any changes or enhancements.
- Participate in the development of strategic business plans and sales opportunities for target customers.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Must have strong communication, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer issues.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of merchant services sales experience. Work related experience should consist of a cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Prior sales experience is recommended.
- Strong relationship management experience.
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze growth opportunity based on market potential.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology, products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of related State and Federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Advanced typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Basic math skills, calculate interest and balance accounts, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, locate routine mathematical errors, count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Current STATE driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.